PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
POSITION: VP of Sales / Reports to CEO
LOCATION: New York City
VP of Sales
An enterprise technology (SaaS) company (based in NYC) in the emerging fields of Machine Learning and Conversational Commerce that helps businesses to automate online customer experiences for financial services. Provides a suite of Virtual Customer Assistants helping businesses to improve online sales conversion rates, customer experiences and reduce service costs. Our Virtual Customer Assistants seamlessly combine chat, smart workflow, natural language processing and machine learning to automatically guide your customers through their online sales or service journey and help them to achieve what they set out to do. This means convenient, more personalized and faster online customer experiences.
The VP Sales is an experienced professional with demonstrated experience in developing and managing sales teams and sales. This role is responsible for generating new business revenue within the United States (and other global opportunities).
You are also responsible for the overall identification and management of corporate partnerships including the development of new revenue opportunities, creating value added opportunities and mutually beneficial programs.
You are the “heart of the sales operation” with a diverse skillset developed through 5- 7 years’ experience running enterprise sales or partner programs within the software space (preferably SaaS) or with a focus on financial services.
You are organized, self-motivated and a hungry “doer” that works best under pressure. You can regularly manage multiple priorities and deadlines to help the sales function “tick” and assist the senior management with making things happen. You can provide accurate information in timely fashion to assist the business in meeting financial and non-financial objectives. You have excellent communication, presentation and relationship skills and can manage multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
You enjoy being “in the detail” but also can think strategically and see the big picture and always looking for ways to improve. You have tertiary qualifications (or demonstrated experience) in sales or business.
You are passionate or interested in innovation, startups, technology or the continuous pursuit of new ideas and improvement. You are always looking for new ways of doing things and helping businesses improve.
Your key responsibilities for the role consist of: –
1. Create and execute a business acquisition strategy in the corporate and mid financial services market.
2. Maximize potential from existing accounts.
3. Achieve revenue goals created by the company.
4. Interface with senior leadership team.
5. Contribute to strategy
6. Strategically align with channel partners and collaborate to create value to the financial services market.
AND ARE BROKEN DOWN INTO THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES.
● Create sales opportunities including face to face presentations/live product demonstrations/tailored webinars for clients
● Proactively identify and assess new and emerging opportunities for the sales pipeline
● Day to day contact fielding calls and responding to emails to hunt for business opportunities
● Manage CRM sales pipeline and integrity of the data in the pipeline
● Complete quarterly competitor analysis and circulate to the business
● Provision of timely regular sales updates; reports; insights & pipeline opportunities to the executive and broader executive team
● Prepare and present client and partner proposals
● Ongoing monitoring and management of sales budgets
● Ensure appropriate governance for sales budgets and spending such as travel, assets and services.
● Communication with the executive team on activities required to meet financial and non-financial targets
● Lead the ongoing use and engagement with the CRM system and sales process to drive
improvements in company’s sales effectiveness
● Assist client account managers with upsell strategies and methods
● Identify relevant external marketing and thought leadership relevant to company and circulate
Strategy & Planning
● In conjunction with the CEO contribute to the development of the annual sales and partnership strategy and plans
● Identify and recommend ideas and ways for improving the business operations including the design and implement continuous process improvements
● Contributing to future product development by being the “voice of the market” providing insight into customer demand
● Develop and maintain relationships with potential and current clients to assist with the smooth transition and onboarding process.
● Manage the handover of clients to account managers to ensure conversion of a prospect to signed contract.
● Identify potential partners including channel, distribution and strategic partners
● Manage partnership relationships to assist company to achieve optimal return on investment from the relationship
Events & Sponsorships
● Identify and prioritize sponsorship opportunities to deliver strategic benefit
● Coordinate the executive team and/or speakers to prepare for and attend events
● Attend relevant networking events, conferences and tradeshows independently or with the executive team
● Maintenance and upkeep of the integrity of the sales pipeline
● Collaborate with marketing and research companies to identify potential clients and partners
Marketing & Collateral
● Assist the CEO to develop sales and marketing collateral to support the sales function
● Regularly update marketing and sales collateral material
● Strong 5-10 years’ sales experience in either: SaaS / Enterprise Product / AI / Machine Learning / Professional services / Bespoke technology in financial services / Fintech space.
● Proven experience consistently meeting or exceeding financial targets.
● Proven experience creating and executing bespoke sales strategies.
● Strong understanding of the SAS business model.
● Immaculate communication both written and verbal.
● Excellent relationship and stake holder management skills.
● Extremely strong presentation skills.
● Experience working with global internal stakeholders.
● Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles relating to sales and implementation partnerships.
● High proficiency in relationship, communication and presentations skills, both written and face to face particularly with C-suite and senior executives.
● Demonstrated experience using enterprise CRM systems.
● Bachelor degree level qualification preferred or relevant demonstrated experience.
● Proven collaboration, team skills to achieve overall business goals
● Experience working with U.S based fast growth businesses.