PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
JOB DESCRIPTION: RADIOLOGY MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
Summary of Duties:
Responsible for the external marketing efforts supporting business goals. Serves as the primary liaison with existing and potential referring providers and their patients. Provides input to management and assists with the development of long and short-term marketing strategies and initiatives. Monitors the centers performance and suggests ways to improve financials.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Marketing Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Suggest, initiate and execute marketing initiatives that support growth goals.
- Perform marketing campaigns
- Understand and communicate value proposition to potential clients
- Designing marketing strategies. i.e. “P’s” of marketing-product, price, promotion and placement, S.W.O.T analysis.
- Gain understanding of customer through radiologist input/interaction, primary research, competitive analysis and 3rd party input.
- Provide creative input for new and existing marketing efforts (i.e. Logos, Brochures, Websites, Copy).
Reports to Administrator of company
Education, training and experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred and experience in healthcare marketing, public relations or related field a plus.
- Assist with the development of a marketing and sales plan, implementation timetable and responsible individuals
- Develop “unique” sales strategies for potential referral sources- PCPs, Specialists, Hospitalists, ER, etc.
- Develop consistent, standardized presentation tools
- Gather “voice of the customer” information from referring physicians, patients and hospital system.
- Develop marketing programs to address “voice of the customer” results
- Assist with the creation of collateral materials to promote capabilities and services. Print ads, direct mail postcards, patient info brochures, referring MD brochures, referral pads, etc.
- Distribute collateral pieces to respective target audiences
- Develop customized practice newsletter-serve as the point person with the publisher
- Create strategy to introduce the practice / physicians / capabilities to the respective community physicians
- Develop calendar of relevant health fairs / community events for participation as well as speaking engagements –i.e. community outreach strategy
- Develop plan and facilitate educational and workshop opportunities for referring physicians and the community
- Create promotional items with pertinent practice info for marketing within communities served
Public Relations Responsibilities
Initiate a proactive media-relations plan focused on increasing awareness and branding and positioning. Activities could include:
- External Key Message Development– Develop consistent external key messages, PA to be used in all communications.
- Publicity Campaign– Contact the media to introduce them to company’s capabilities and expertise. These efforts will build awareness, generate editorial relationships and secure print coverage.
- Byline Articles– Write article briefs to pitch to the media for placement.
- Ad Placement- Research media outlets regarding advertising opportunities. Determine cost and circulation. Identify planned healthcare and business feature stories to determine appropriate issues in which to advertise.
Interpersonal Relationships / Communications Qualities:
- Ability to gain confidence from physicians, superiors and co-workers by performance and communication in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate effectively and express ideas clearly, to actively listen and always follow appropriate channels of communication.
- Ability to relate in a professional manner to all levels of staff throughout the company.
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills to document and report clearly and concisely.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial matters.
Planning and Organizational Skills:
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize, establish and deal with priorities promptly.
- Strive to coordinate work to achieve maximum production and efficiency during the various shifts.
- Ability to work as a “team” member to create ideas to improve upon job performance, work methods, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate an ability to assess a situation from a variety of perspectives, consider several alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Ability to monitor situations that require follow up or attention.
- Able to prioritize days work, meeting specified deadlines.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and solve problems and correct errors.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, physicians, patients, insurance organizations and the public.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the health care environment and current economic trends and challenges facing radiology. Must be able to quickly understand the scope and types of services that the organization provides. Must be able to communicate the practical knowledge of those services to physicians and staff. Skills in planning, organizing and coordinating fairly complex projects and information. Skills in exercising judgment, problem-solving and decision making. Skills in gathering and analyzing data, research and preparing reports, and presenting well thought out recommendations and justifications. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must possess excellent public relations skills. Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and various details of the position.