PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
Job Description: Residential Loan Officer Department: Lending
Reports To: SVP – Residential/Consumer Lending FLSA Status: Exempt
BASIC FUNCTION: Responsible for the production and solicitation of new lending relationships, focusing primarily on residential first mortgage loans; although all types of new lending relationships are encouraged.
- Call on business contacts such as realtors, attorneys, accountants, financial planners and builders to develop relationships to assist their clients with financing needs.
- Call on potential customers to develop new business and increase and retain existing business.
- Attend to the needs of customers seeking loans by interviewing the applicants, typically at their place of business or at their home, to assist in the completion of their applications.
- Counsel customers and prospects to determine the financing product to best suit their needs.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, manage expenditures and report any budget variances on a regular basis.
- Prepare weekly call report to keep management abreast of contacts and production activities.
- Monitor the overall progress of applications in process and assist to obtain documentation requested by the processor.
- Assist the processor in follow up on commitment conditions to expedite the loan closing.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws regarding all phases of residential lending.
- Recommend enhancements to and/or development of loan programs which will improve the Bank’s profitability and competitiveness.
- Report observations of the marketplace within the bank’s mortgage lending market with respect to pricing, available products and demand.
- Assist in developing short and long-term strategies regarding personal lending goals and objectives.
- Treat people with respect; keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold Bank values; accept responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educate others on the value of diversity; promote working environment free of harassment of any type; build a diverse workforce and support affirmative action.
- Follow all policies and procedures set forth by the Bank.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make decisions with sound and accurate judgment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledgeable with respect to FHLMC and Company lending guidelines
- Ability to maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Valid Driver’s License without violations
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree plus 5 years experience in lending sales required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Continuing education at various programs and seminars to expand departmental knowledge.
- Continuous on-the-job training with respect to policies, procedures and various Regulations.