PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
Job Title: Business Development Associate
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Vice President, Business Development
Job Summary: Continue to build, develop and foster current referral relationships & new referral sources, keeping them up to date as to company’s program, including new additions and enhancements to our staff and services in the following regions: Fairfield County in CT; Western Long Island & Westchester County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Build, develop and foster current referral relationships, and introduce them to new additions and enhancements to our staff and program
- Work to maintain current referral relationships
- Work with referents that have referred in the past but haven’t referred recently and rebuild those relationships
- Work with admissions staff to assist in connecting them to referral sources in a timely fashion
- Continue to work with the counselors during the residents stay to ensure the referral source is receiving communication
- Assist in making referrals for clients who may need a higher level of care, or need aftercare resources
- Maintain relationships in territories: Fairfield County in CT; Western Long Island & Westchester County
- Adopt the company’s culture of providing a Best in Class Service to all of our clients.
- Comply with company procedures, policies and regulations relevant to your role. Undertake relevant training on company’s policies and procedures as delivered by your manager, Human Resources or other departments.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or as directed by your manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S., B.A.) from a four year accredited college or university
- Minimum of 2 years, business-to-business sales experience
- Must be organized and have excellent oral presentation and communication skills. Preference will be given to those candidates with documented sales awards and achievements and those candidates living within: Fairfield County CT; Western Long Island & Westchester County regions.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary
- Ability to take phone calls outside regular business hours or on weekends in special cases
- Ability to develop rapport with substance-abusing populations and referral and support systems
- Candidates must successfully pass a drug test and background check
Skills and Abilities
- Experience with direct and indirect marketing and coordinating public relations/promotional strategies, budget management, exhibit logistics, travel coordination and inner-company communications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to plan, coordinate, execute strategic marketing efforts
- Strength in maintaining database of contacts
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, SalesForce management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Aptitude, Disposition & Competencies
- Flexibility/ adaptability
- Planning and organization
- Business Awareness & Conceptual Thinking
- Ability to influence others