PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
Job description: Business development executive / Sales executive
We’re an established and growing business provider that specializes in home/office automation solutions and audiovisual integrations. We primarily do businesses in New York (NYC, Long Island, the Hamptons) but have also serviced outside of NY in cities like Stamford CT, Seattle WA, Austin TX, New Jersey and Toronto Canada.
We’re seeking for an entrepreneurial and highly motivated individual to be our Business Development Executive who can help us expand and grow our business. The Business Development Exec will be reporting straight to the President of the company and will be responsible for researching new business opportunities and finding new clients, leveraging the company reputation and his/her own industry contacts to best effect. This position will not require much supervision and will provide flexible working hours. This is an exciting opportunity for those individuals who are looking for more autonomy in their career.
The Business Development Exec’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Identify business opportunities and increase sales and maximize company revenue.
- Prospect for potential new clients by growing and maintaining network.
- Identify the decision makers within the client organization, present to them and ultimately convert them into clients.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and the company’s President.
- Strategic planning, brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives.
- Developing and leveraging the company’s branding and professional profile.
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and trends.
- Manage existing and new clients by forging and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts in existing and new account and ensure they stay satisfied and positive; follow up call on clients to ensure we met expectations and predict future needs.
- Submit daily or weekly progress reports.
This position requires:
- A proven ability to plan, develop and execute business development strategies
- Excellent communication, listening and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of the market and the industry
- Must have 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience in the industry
- Must represent the company in the best light
** Someone who has business and social connections in the industry – architects, interior designers and contractors as well as connections with decision makers in businesses in other industries who may need our services, would be an ideal candidate for this position.