PLEASE SEE THE COMPANY’S FOLLOWING JOB DESCRIPTION / Qualified Applicants should contact our office ASAP:
POSITION: Territory Sales Manager
LOCATION: New York State, New Jersey, Connecticut and Eastern PA (“Wilkes-Barre / Poughkeepsie / Philadelphia“ Triangle + Fairfield County Connecticut)
About this Career Opportunity
Present in this market for more than a decade, this Garage Door manufacturer has an opening for a talented individual who would like to work in an entrepreneurial environment from his or her home in the region primarily defined by the “Wilkes-Barre / Poughkeepsie / Philadelphia“ triangle. Primary responsibilities is to meet with prospective garage door dealers and evaluate the potential as a future dealer. If the prospect shows promises, the TSM is responsible to build a plan to get them aboard. The TSM job includes servicing of existing client base along with the inside sales agent. The TSM needs to gather information on the market while prospecting the territory. Garage door industry channel management sales experience is highly preferred but product with similar distribution channel will also be considered, especially from the construction industry.
As a Territory Sales Manager, your role will be as follows:
- Prospecting the market in order to identify potential dealers and gather intelligence for our CRM system.
- Convince promising dealers to embrace their philosophy of total customer satisfaction and join their network of Expert dealers.
- Train new dealers and their staff on our product line, sales tools and marketing lead generation programs.
- Work as a team with customer service agents and the inside sales agent from the plant in order to make the life of their dealers as easy as possible.
In order to do so, you need to possess the following talents & qualities:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the garage door industry.
- Very good interpersonal skills demonstrated through written and verbal communication. You should be able to inspire vision but also able to talk nuts & bolts.
- A proven capacity to use computers (Office suite), social media and the Internet, as well as the willingness to embrace new technologies as a means to be more efficient.
- You need to be a salesman in your heart but a trainer in your soul so that you can cope with the dual task of not only recruiting new dealers but also supporting them with the multiple programs and tools available. Prospecting and project management (make new dealers switch to this company in the shortest time possible) will take most of your time.
- You need to be autonomous and make your time efficient with minimal supervision. You’re the type who never highlights a problem without suggesting a solution.
- You’re well organized and you believe that systems are made not to prevent you from taking initiative but to allow you to make your initiatives more efficient.
- You know that your success can only be achieved by getting others to be successful first. You take satisfaction in your work from the day-to-day small successes you achieve and you know that your long-term fulfillment will come by sticking with your plan.
If you decide to join their team, here’s what they claim to offer:
- A competitive salary that will take care of short & long-term objectives.
- The support of everyone in the company in order to make you successful. As a family company, they’ll keep things simple and you’ll have full access to the owners to implement solutions that keep your clients happy and successful.
- A company car and all the tools you’ll need to be a leader in your market.
- Systems that will allow you to measure all metrics required to continuously improve your efficiency and the performance of your territory.
- Trust and respect for your expertise and effort. They know that it’s not easy playing scout 500 miles from the head office, but they value your effort and recognize the importance of your groundwork to the long-term success of our company.
About this company
Founded in 1983, they’re on of the leading manufacturers of garage doors and overhead doors in North America. They design and manufacture superior garage doors for the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Their distribution network spans across the Northeastern United States.
Considered as an industry leader in the technology and marketing support provided to its dealer, they live by the rule that its success can only be achieved through the successes of its dealers. Company is best known for a high quality product and a wide selection of garage doors. Its unbeatable product warranties and its expert network assure all customers that they can count on qualified garage door experts in the sales, installation and repair of garage doors.